TAKE YOUR VIRTUAL SEAT FOR AN EVENING OF DYLAN DAY DELIGHT
We have a great evening lined up – mainly, but not all about Dylan. So sit back in your armchair, crack open a bottle and enjoy an evening in the parlour.
Buy tickets here
Have you ever wanted to send a letter to Dylan, perhaps wondered what his reply might be? Dear Dylan is a new book in which a great many people imagine writing just such a letter! Want to hear more? Then join us for Dear Dylan from the Birthplace on Dylan Day (Friday 14thMay 6.00pm)
On 14th May 1953 Dylan and a hastily assembled group of actors first performed Under Milk Wood with a cast at 92Y in New York. International Dylan Thomas Day marks that day and the Birthplace was among those who campaigned for the day to celebrate one of the most influential writers of the 20th Century.
This year will be the sixth time that we have celebrated Dylan Day (Friday 14th May 6.00pm) in the house where he was born and wrote two thirds of his published work in the twenty three years he lived in the house. Dear Dylan will bring people from all over the world to express their views of Dylan as well as the launch of a new and unique book of contributions from many writers and poets who write to Dear Dylan
We’ve assembled some of our great friends who will be performing for you live and recorded straight into your living room so pull up the armchair, pick up a Welsh cake, crack open a bottle and sit back and enjoy an evening of Dylan in and out of the parlour.
What’s in store? Our line up at the moment (correct at time pf publication) includes
- Anna Saunders, the founding CEO of the Cheltenham Poetry Festival launching her book Dear Dylan with guest celebrity performers
- Adrian Metcalfe from the Lighthouse Theatre Company
- Iqbal Malik and Oliver James Lomax in conversation
- Hear how the St David’s World website spans the globe
- Giles Matthews and his new album Irontown with the song Dylan, Son of the Wave
- Rachael Llewellyn talks about her new book Impulse Control
- The Alun Gibbard Interview Who will it be this May? It could be an author, it could be a singer, it could be more than one person!
We hope that there is something for everyone and with tickets limited make sure you get yours today. You only need one per family so crowd around the screen
The joining details to the Zoom event will be sent shortly before the start. Tickets are just £5 and available online from our secure voucher site
Audience: limited to 100
Duration: 6.00 – 7.45pm Friday 14th May 2021
DYLAN THOMAS SOCIETY
Just a quick reminder to all Society members that subs are due on Dylan Day 14th May. Details how to pay and how you can join at www.dylanthomassociety.com